Harry’s Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador, meets not one, but two different bays. Its south side sits on Western Arm, and its north side faces Green Bay. Harry’s Harbour’s multiple coves, sheltered crannies and small island make it a very picturesque place.
Harry’s Harbour has an interesting feel. There is a disproportionate number of streets for the size of the community, plus a surprising six way intersection. This points back to a time when the town wasn’t so quiet. The school closed years ago. The population of the town has dropped considerably and now a good percentage (possibly 50%) of the homes are essentially cabins/cottages and are not occupied 12 months of the year.
There is one very small convenience shop/take out, open only in the summer months. There is still a community library, where the librarian does a great job of initiating community events. There is no gas station. If you go there to take in the walking trail or hunt for the best beach rocks, be sure to take everything you need.
Type of Local Governance: Local Service District
Population: 73 (StatCan 2016)
Location: Routes 390-391
Lat/Long: 49° 42′ 1″ N, 55° 55′ 26″ W (Decimal) 49.7002778, -55.9238889
Salvation Army YP Hall
Salvation Arm Church
Harry’s Harbour Public Library
Harry’s Harbour United Church
- King’s Cove Trail – a 5km trail with multiple branches that explore a series of nearby coves. This that varies greatly in difficulty because side trails have overgrowth and fallen trees
- Very nice pebbly beaches, ready for you to beach comb
- The Pinnacle, a natural rock formation ready to be the backdrop for your rock‘in selfies
Cell Service: No
Commonly Found Family Names
Upwards, England, King, Verge, Freake
Harry’s Harbour on the Web
- “Harry’s Harbour Fly Over“, a video uploaded by Youtube user Spruceman
- Harry’s Harbour on Google Maps
- Harry’s Harbour on StatCan’s Website
- “Swimming with a Beluga…”, a video uploaded to Youtube by user Pamfromnl
NOTE: This Harry’s Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador, community profile will always be edited as new information becomes available.
GREEN BAY NORTH
Jackson’s Cove-Langdon’s Cove-Silverdale (& Nicky’s Nose Cove)
Little Bay Islands