[SUBMITTED JOB POSTING]
Employment Opportunity – South Coast Insurance Insurance Receptionist (Springdale, NL Location) Part-time, Regular; 21 Hrs Minimum per week Schedule: Mon, Wed, Fri (9am – 4:30 pm with 30min lunch break)
Role of Successful Candidate: Our receptionist role requires an outgoing, friendly, focused individual. Organization, respect of confidentiality and attention to detail are all key to this position. Strong communication and customer service skills are a must. Duties will include (not limited to) greeting all clients, answering telephones, handling monies received, completing bank deposits, managing paper file system, and keeping track/ordering of office inventory and supplies.
Candidate MUST have a strong user knowledge of Windows 7 or higher and Microsoft applications.
– 1 Year minimum of customer service experience
– 1 Year minimum of reception or similar administrative experience
– A strong understanding of personal homeowners and automobile insurance is a must
– Post-Secondary experience is NOT required (will be considered an asset)
– However, candidate must be willing to self-study, write and pass the Level 1 Property & Casualty Licensing exam within 6 months of hire
– Continuing education is the norm in our industry. Candidate will be expected to start their CAIB I program within 6 months of completing their licensing requirements (Lvl I P&C)
– Reliability and adhering to schedule is very important to the success of this role
– Must work well with others and be able to take direction well. Receptionist works side-by-side with 2 full time licensed brokers
– Full time employment may be available in future
– While some aspects of this position are repetitive, we operate in a very small & busy environment. Adaptation the insurance industry (which constantly changes), and exercising customer service skills will be an expected part of your daily tasks.
Deadline for application will be 5:00pm NL time on September 1, 2017
– Only those chosen for interview will be contacted
– Resumes with cover letter and at least 2 references must be e-mailed to:
(Please no drop-offs, e-mail applications considered only)