Rambler Metals and Mining wants to expand its tailing facility at its Nugget Pond Mill site, located on the Baie Verte Peninsula. Rambler says the expansion is needed to make room for tailings from current and future mining operations at the Ming Copper-Gold Mine.
The company wants a new tailings impoundment at Camp Pond, “a fishless waterbody in close proximity to the mill.”
[Camp Pond is the pond located at the bottom of the Google-supplied satellite image at the top of this web page. The Nugget Pond Mill is in the top of the image.]
Work is expected to start in spring/summer 2018.
The work will include the following:
– Upgrading an existing road to access the outlet of Camp Pond for earthen dam construction
– Construction of an earthen dam at the natural outflow of Camp Pond
– Construction of an emergency spillway
– Re-location and extension of the existing tailings slurry delivery pipeline
– Installation of a powerline along the proposed access road corridor
The proposed work was registered with the Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment’s Environmental Assessment Division on December 13, 2017.
The Deadline for public comments is January 18, 2018 and the Minister’s Decision is due on January 27.
Public comments can be sent to [email protected]
Download detailed documents at http://www.mae.gov.nl.ca